Cloud based RPA
If you want to speed up RPA usage, the technology must be
- Business user friendly
- In-built AI
- Present on cloud and desktop
The sum total of a platform that satisfies these requirements is nothing but a Cloud RPA with these characteristics.
Only lately has the RPA industry started to come around with cloud offerings. How does it work?
- It is meant for non-technical users
- Works as a self-service technology
- User works on a web application
- Common automations work with single click
- Others require drag and drop
- Job types that can be automated typically are non-creative, non analytical in nature. They are repetitive and can be defined clearly
- For many common bots, no coding is required.
- Typically no downloads are required
- No installation is required on client system
- No programming languages to learn
- Processes are described diagramatically.
How does this benefit your IT team?
- Your team always uses the latest version
- Upgrades are the responsibility of the RPA provider
- No additional maintenance of user’s machine is required
- Modern devops with CI makes sure there are no (or very very rare) downtimes
Do you still need an on-premise installation?
- Data vulnerability, regulatory compliance and just poor networks might make it necessary for you to have your bots working locally
- Typically cloud RPA’s offer a hybrid option where you can use the same software installed on an on-premise server
- Developers need to develope the bots only once since we use the same platform on cloud and locally
- With a hybrid RPA most technological questions are answered.